Easily integrate your web site forms (or any other web system) to Microsoft CRM 4.0!
KWizCom CRM Internet Gateway (CIG) is a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 compatible component that allows you to easily integrate any web-based system to Microsoft Dynamics CRM for automatic creation of any CRM entity.
CRM Internet Gateway enables organizations to:
- Link multiple web systems forms to Dynamics CRM.
- Automatically create any type of CRM entity (case, lead, customer etc.).
- Run Workflow rules in Dynamics CRM.
So, how does it work?
The CRM Internet Gateway includes 2 modules:
- CIG Web Service Module - This module captures submitted forms (HTTP Post requests) on Web systems (for example: "Contact Us" form that visitors fill and submit on Internet web sites). CIG Web Service manages a queue of all submitted forms and provides a web interface that enables CIG CRM module to ask for these forms' data.
- CIG CRM Module - This module is installed on the Microsoft CRM server. It connects to CIG Web Service using HTTP/s protocol and retrieves all new submitted forms. For each form (according to pre-defined settings), it creates a new Dynamics CRM entity (Lead, Customer, any other entity) and fills it with the appropriate data.
This architecture enables organizations implement any requested integration scenario of Dynamics CRM with internal/external web systems in the most secured and reliable way!
CRM Internet Gateway includes a powerful configuration utility that enables implementers to map between various web forms and Dynamics CRM entities that should be created automatically.
The CRM Internet Gateway documentation includes full details regarding the installation and configuration (Available in "Downloads" section).
|Connect any forms from any Web system, implemented in any technology (.NET. java, PHP, ASP, whatever).
|Powerful configuration utility, enabling implementers to map various web forms to any requested CRM entities.
|User mapping utility enables to map several non- CRM users, to a selected Dynamics CRM user, i.e: expose Dynamics CRM to non-CRM users (and save CAL's)