Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question to view it's answer...
- What does the Org. Chart web part do?
- Org. Chart web part displays organization breakdown structure (OBS) in hierarchical/flat view, based on Excel/XML data file.
- How can I integrate Org. Chart web part with our corporate HR system?
- All you have to do is implement an export process that will create the Excel/XML data file and save it in some file system share that is accessible from your SharePoint server.
- How can I dynamically at run-time filter the displayed employee tree/list?
- Org. Chart web part can be filtered at run-time using URL parameters. The syntax is as follows: http://[SPS/WSS page url]?FilterField=[field name]&FilterValue=[value]
- Can I change the web part's layout?
- You can fully customize the web part's graphic layout, by customizing the .css files located bellow
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\KWizCom.SharePoint.WebParts.HierarchyViewer\ 126.96.36.199__30fb4ddbec95ff8f folder:
- Tree.css - style sheet for tree view
- Popup.css - stile sheet for employee card popup page
- Flat.css - style sheet for flat view
- Filter.css - style sheet for filter row
- Do I have to install anything on my client- PCs?
- If you want the presence indicator to function, you will need Microsoft Office 2003 to be installed on your client PC.