Cascading LookApp (Office 365)
Cross-site, filtered, cascaded Lookup field for SharePoint Online
The Cascading LookApp field enables non-technical business users to turn SharePoint Lookup columns into “Super Lookup” columns that include the below-mentioned additional capabilities.
Cross-site Lookups – unlike the out-of-the-box Lookup columns, with Cascading LookApp you can now create a lookup to remote lists, which are located in various sites.
Cascaded Lookups – who isn’t familiar with this SharePoint limitation? Now you can easily filter you Lookup fields by other field on the same form, such as in the most common scenario: Region > Country > City.
Filter Lookup by view – when you create a Lookup field, you can have it filtered by a selected view of the referenced list (unlike the out-of-the-box Lookup field that always displays all items from the looked-up list.
Easily created new items in the looked-up list – you can now create new items in the looked-up list, directly from the New/Edit form of your current edited item. No need to close that form and go to the Looked-up list – save time!
|Feature||KWizCom Cascading LookApp|
|Cross-site Lookup fields|
|Filter lookup values by view|
|Filter lookup values by typed text|
|Filter lookup values by other column values from the target list|
|Cascaded lookup fields|
|5906||Fixed: filtering items in the Cascading LookApp column is not populating any values|
|5674||Improved: Performance improvements in IE/Firefox|
|5000A||Fixed: When additional filters from the lookup list displayed + kwizcom forms used - the lookup field stretches|
|5561||Fixed: cascading lookAPP sometimes unable to detect document libraries that it is launched in|
There are 2 ways to install the app in your SharePoint 2013-2019 farm or SharePoint online:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Install the KWizCom Apps Foundation.
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C subscription= Single site collection, up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to email@example.com