File Controller App (Office 365)
List/library-level control over attached/uploaded file sizes and types!
The File Controller app gives site owners more control over files and attachments that are uploaded by end-users to libraries and lists. By using a simple settings page you can setup file-size and file-types limitations for uploaded files and attachments. This way you can prevent users from uploading irrelevant files that make libraries and lists much harder to work with.
SharePoint online does not enable configuring max allowed file size and blocked file types. This means that SharePoint online tenant administrators cannot configure and enforce a more flexible policy, which allows for different file types and sizes in different SharePoint implementations.
|Feature||KWizCom File Controller App||SharePoint online out-of-the-box|
|Allows configuring max uploaded file size in a list/library level|
|Enables configuring allowed or blocked file types in a list/library level|
|5200A||Added: Support SP2013 on-premises|
|4756||Fixed: File controller affects the ribbon load time|
There are 2 ways to install the app in your SharePoint 2013-2019 farm or SharePoint online:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Install the KWizCom Apps Foundation.
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C subscription= Single site collection, up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to email@example.com