Cascading LookApp (Office 365)
Cross-site, filtered, cascaded Lookup field for SharePoint Online
The Cascading LookApp field enables non-technical business users to turn SharePoint Lookup columns into “Super Lookup” columns that include the below-mentioned additional capabilities.
Easily create lookup to lists across the SharePoint site-barrier. Now with the Cascading LookApp you can create a lookup to remote lists that are located in various sites.
Now you can easily create lookup fields that are filtered by list view, which enables displaying different lookup content to different users!
Easily filter field values by other fields in the same list.
Example: would you like to display “Region”, “Country” and “City” fields, where each one filters the next field? SharePoint Cascading LookApp empowers you to implement that with just the click of a button!
Do you have a long drop-down of values requiring users to scroll-up and down until they find what they need?
No more! With KWizCom’s Cascading LookApp you can simply type part of the text you are looking for and the matching items will appear for selection.
Do you have a lookup connected to a list including duplicate values?
Now you can filter the lookup by other columns from the lookup list, enabling you to display only unique values and make it a lot easier for users to find what they need!
|Feature||KWizCom Cascading LookApp|
|Cross-site Lookup fields|
|Filter lookup values by view|
|Filter lookup values by typed text|
|Filter lookup values by other column values from the target list|
|Cascaded lookup fields|
|5906||Fixed: filtering items in the Cascading LookApp column is not populating any values|
|5674||Improved: Performance improvements in IE/Firefox|
|5000A||Fixed: When additional filters from the lookup list displayed + kwizcom forms used - the lookup field stretches|
|5561||Fixed: cascading lookAPP sometimes unable to detect document libraries that it is launched in|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
There are 2 ways to install the app in your SharePoint 2013-2019 farm or SharePoint online:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Install the KWizCom Apps Foundation.
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C. subscription= Single site collection, Single login domain and up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to email@example.com