Countdown App (Office 365)
Time is passing by so much faster than you think...
Countdown is a clear visual representation of time, helping you to stay focused on your targets. See the time left, keep track of your deadlines & ensure projects are on the right track. KWizCom’s Countdown app allows you to add countdown watches to your pages and list items.
- Marketing/Sales – show the countdown until the event starts, or until a sales campaign ends
- Project management – add a countdown to the task’s due date to better show the time left for the current milestone to pass
- HR/Social networking – better enhance the buzz around your event, by showing a countdown until the event starts
Time is passing a lot faster than we want it to. Moreover, many of us tend to dive deep in work, many times forgetting about the defined time limitations, getting distracted by unexpected issues.
A visual aid, such as the Countdown app helps users to pay more attention to time limits and to better stay focused on the defined tasks and milestones. You will be amazed by the effect of such a small visual indicator, it’s like having your personal helper reminding you: “time is passing by…stay focused on your targets!”
Key Features & Benefits
|Feature||KWizCom Countdown app|
|Add Countdown as columns to your lists/libraries|
|Add Countdown as an app part to your SharePoint pages|
|Various great-looking themes|
Version 1.0.14, May-13-2020
|6711||Added: Support KWizCom modern forms|
Version 1.0.13, May-28-2019
|6098||Added: support various locals|
Version 1.0.9, Mar-28-2016
|5200A||Added: Support SP2013 on-premises|
Version 1.0, Apr-30-2014 - Base version
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
KWizCom Apps can be used on SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2019 on-premise environments.
Installation steps can be found below:
1. Download required packages to your desktop
a. Download the KWizCom App Foundation zip file and unzip it on your desktop.
b. Download the product app package zip file and unzip it to your desktop.
2. Upload packages to your SharePoint environment
This step’s instructions are different for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 server:
- As a Tenant Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
(To learn more about how to manage your company’s App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online)
Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Upload the KWizComAppsFoundation.app package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
- Upload the kwizcom-modern-apps-upgrade.sppkg package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
After the package is uploaded you will see the following popup:
Click “Deploy” button to properly deploy it.
SharePoint 2019 Server
Before you install any apps you must make sure your SP2019 server is properly configured to host apps, by following the MS documentation:
- As a Farm Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
- Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Install and deploy the KWizCom Apps Foundation Full Trust.wsp package using the PoSH script from the extracted zip file
or by using the standard SharePoint Add-SPSolution and Install-SPSolution commands.
3. Add the apps to your site
- Go to the site where you want to have the app and go to “Site contents”
- Click “New” menu and select “App”.
- Click “From Your Organization” link on the left side:
- Add the KWizCom Apps Foundation app.
(IMPORTANT: The KWizCom Foundation app needs to be added to a site only once per tenant, no need to add it to any other sites where you use KWizCom apps)
- Add the product app to your site/s.
Update your installed app with a new version
When a new app build is released there is no need to re-install the solution package.
All you need to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
Get a Quote