Scan App (Office 365)
One-click Scan & OCR!
Easily scan papers into a single or multiple documents, configure property-values & upload the scanned docs – all in a single click!
Without leaving your SharePoint interface, you can easily scan documents into a library, or attach them to a list item by using integrated scanning menus. With the multi-lingual OCR feature, you can easily save your scanned files as searchable PDF files – all designed for non-technical business users!
Many organizations which already decided on moving to paperless information management still find themselves having to manage large amounts of papers on a daily basis. Scanning documents and uploading them to SharePoint is a time consuming process (scan to local folder, upload each scanned document and tag it), thus making it very difficult to store information originated from papers, into SharePoint Online.
KWizCom’s Scan app solves the SharePoint scanning challenge by adding the missing “Scan” menus for libraries and lists, and by enabling batch scanning and tagging of documents – all in a single click!
|Feature||KWizCom Scan App|
|Seamlessly integrated with SharePoint User Interface|
|Supports TWAIN and WIA scanners (local or network)|
|Output file format: TIFF, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PDF, PNG|
|Supports preview before saving|
|Supports automatically zipping large scanned files before saving to SharePoint|
|Enables batch paper scanning to produce multiple documents (create a separate document for each scanned page)|
|Does NOT require MS Office installation or scanning utilities|
|Batch document properties update in a single operation|
|Enables using tokens for auto-naming of scanned files|
|Create searchable PDF documents - Multi-lingual OCR (PRO edition)|
|Support silent mode scanning|
|5928||Fixed: PDF files uploaded by the scanning app are corrupt|
|5591||Fixed: Scanning feature redirect logic is not working on top level sites|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
There are 2 ways to install the app in your SharePoint 2013-2019 farm or SharePoint online:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Install the KWizCom Apps Foundation.
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C subscription= Single site collection, up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org