Org. Chart App (SPFx)
Great-looking & highly customizable Organization Chart!
Get the most out of your SharePoint Online organization chart!
Replace static organization charts with real time, interactive, user-friendly and highly customizable organization chart software!
The Org. Chart app is a SharePoint client-side web part, utilizing the SharePoint Framework (SPFx), displaying organization breakdown structure (OBS).
Display your organization chart based on various data sources including:
- SharePoint list
- MS Excel file
- Azure AD
This allows you to easily implement your Org. chart, no matter where your data resides!
Do you have hundreds or thousands of employees in your organization?
Configure your filters to enable end-users quickly find employees by any property.
You can configure horizontal/vertical layout per-employee.
This allows you to have full control over the exact layout of the Org. chart: if you have many staff members reporting to the same manager, you can display them vertically and avoid horizontal scrollbars in your chart.
The Persona card shows clearly a selected employee’s manager, peers and staff.
The most common scenarios for using the SharePoint Org. chart are:
- Department/Corporate org. chart – especially in large organizations, sometimes it is not that easy to find the right contact. The Org. chart provides a clear view that enables finding the right contact by his name, role, his/her manager etc.
- Corporate phonebook – many organizations keep employee information in their HR system, which is external to SharePoint, so in this case employees might find themselves having to work with multiple systems just to get that small piece of information about a fellow worker. With the Org. chart web part you can display employee information taken from external system, integrated into your SharePoint portal page.
- Clear display of hierarchical data – not just for organization hierarchy, but for any other hierarchy which is stored in your excel files or SharePoint lists.
|Feature||Org. Chart App|
|Connect to SharePoint lists|
|Connect to Excel files|
|Connect to Azure AD (PRO. Edition)|
|Organization Breakdown Structure (OBS) view|
|Persona Cards view|
|Configurable horizontal/vertical layout per-employee|
|Customizable look & feel using CSS and knockout|
|Configurable Filters (PRO. edition)|
|Customizable employee card actions using knockout|
|Version||1.0.11 Build 61|
|Base version||1.0.10 Build 59|
|5200A||Added: sync with Data View Plus version|
|5945||Added: for large excel files SharePoint's the built-in service returns nothing, in this case fall back to Graph API|
|5917||Fixed: zooming in/out resets chart location and closes all expanded nodes|
|5201A||Improved: When finding an employee (using custom filters), shows the found employee's manager and staff as well|
|5200A||Added: Sync with Data View Plus app|
|5200A||Added: Sync with Data View Plus app|
|5100A||Added: Sync with Data View Plus app|
The Org. Chart client-side web part is part of the KWizCom Data View Tools package for SharePoint Server/Online.
Download and install the package in your SharePoint online tenant in the following way:
- Before installing this add-in follow this KB article to make sure you have SPFx version 1.6 or later installed in your tenant
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Unzip the kwizcom-data-view-tools.sppkg package
- Deploy the kwizcom-data-view-tools to app catalog.
Go to your site’s App Catalog. Upload or drag and drop the kwizcom-data-view-tools.sppkg to the App Catalog.
This will deploy the client-side solution package. Since this is a full trust client-side solution, SharePoint will display a dialog and ask you to trust the client-side solution to deploy.
- Install the client-side solution on your site:
Go to your site collection. Choose the gears icon on the top nav bar on the right and choose “Add an app” to go to your Apps page.
Click “From your organization” link in the left side of the page and select the “KWizCom Data View Tools” app and install it on the site.
- Now you can add the web part to your page by selecting it from the web-part gallery:
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C subscription= Single site collection, up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to email@example.com