Column Permissions App (Microsoft 365)
Dynamically show/hide/deactivate fields to create smart SharePoint forms!
Control the visibility of specific list form fields in the New, Edit and View item forms. This app also allows you to hide views from the list views & to hide or disable columns in the Quick Edit view. Dynamically hiding/disabling fields is done by setting up logic rules. This way you can turn your SharePoint list forms into dynamic, smart forms that display only the relevant fields according to the current user and context.
Dynamically show/hide/disable fields
Easily hide columns from views
Easily Disable Fields in the Quick Edit View
Easily configure rules that dynamically show, hide and disable fields according to the current user and various field values.
In the same way you can configure rules that hide selected column from list views, depending on various conditions.
This is probably the biggest gap with SharePoint forms: they are generic and have no context. In real life, a form used by different users, or when used at different points in time, should display different fields.
- Help-Desk form submissions – the customer and the help-desk engineer utilize different fields; each sees what’s relevant to their task
- Task management – although, a user has permissions to edit tasks in a list, once a task is marked “completed”, we might want to lock the task from any additional editing
We all got used to working with SharePoint lists and document libraries. It is only natural to expect these list forms (New, Edit, View) to include all required web form features, instead of making us buy and learn a separate Forms technology such as InfoPath or any other external Forms services.
The Column Permissions App is part of KWizCom Forms App, which allows SharePoint/O365 customers to keep using the well-known list forms by turning them into powerful & dynamic web forms. This way there’s no new technology to learn and deploy, simply keep using the same SharePoint list forms that now can include all the missing web form features.
Key Features & Benefits
|Feature||Column Permissions App|
|Display, hide, disable fields for specific users or SharePoint group|
|Dynamic permission rules: Hide/Disable fields according to a criteria based on list fields' values|
|Support [Me] and [Today] SharePoint tokens in field-based criteria for hiding/disabling fields|
|Save field permission settings within site and list templates|
|Hide columns from list views|
|Hide/disable fields in the Quick Edit view|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
KWizCom Apps can be used on SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2019 on-premise environments.
Installation steps can be found below:
1. Download required packages to your desktop
a. Download the KWizCom App Foundation zip file and unzip it on your desktop.
b. Download the product app package zip file and unzip it to your desktop.
2. Upload packages to your SharePoint environment
This step’s instructions are different for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 server:
- As a Tenant Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
(To learn more about how to manage your company’s App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online)
Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Upload the KWizComAppsFoundation.app package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
- Upload the kwizcom-modern-apps-upgrade.sppkg package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
After the package is uploaded you will see the following popup:
Click “Deploy” button to properly deploy it.
SharePoint 2019 Server
Before you install any apps you must make sure your SP2019 server is properly configured to host apps, by following the MS documentation:
- As a Farm Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
- Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Install and deploy the KWizCom Apps Foundation Full Trust.wsp package using the PoSH script from the extracted zip file
or by using the standard SharePoint Add-SPSolution and Install-SPSolution commands.
3. Add the apps to your site
- Go to the site where you want to have the app and go to “Site contents”
- Click “New” menu and select “App”.
- Click “From Your Organization” link on the left side:
- Add the KWizCom Apps Foundation app.
(IMPORTANT: The KWizCom Foundation app needs to be added to a site only once per tenant, no need to add it to any other sites where you use KWizCom apps)
- Add the product app to your site/s.
Update your installed app with a new version
When a new app build is released there is no need to re-install the solution package.
All you need to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
Get a Quote