Column Permissions App (Office 365)
Dynamically show/hide/deactivate fields to create smart SharePoint forms!
Control the visibility of specific list form fields in the New, Edit and View item forms. This app also allows you to hide views from the list views & to hide or disable columns in the Quick Edit view. Dynamically hiding/disabling fields is done by setting up logic rules. This way you can turn your SharePoint list forms into dynamic, smart forms that display only the relevant fields according to the current user and context.
Easily configure rules that dynamically show, hide and disable fields according to the current user and various field values.
In the same way you can configure rules that hide selected column from list views, depending on various conditions.
This is probably the biggest gap with SharePoint forms: they are generic and have no context. In real life, a form used by different users, or when used at different points in time, should display different fields.
- Help-Desk form submissions – the customer and the help-desk engineer utilize different fields; each sees what’s relevant to their task
- Task management – although, a user has permissions to edit tasks in a list, once a task is marked “completed”, we might want to lock the task from any additional editing
We all got used to working with SharePoint lists and document libraries. It is only natural to expect these list forms (New, Edit, View) to include all required web form features, instead of making us buy and learn a separate Forms technology such as InfoPath or any other external Forms services.
The Column Permissions App is part of KWizCom Forms App, which allows SharePoint/O365 customers to keep using the well-known list forms by turning them into powerful & dynamic web forms. This way there’s no new technology to learn and deploy, simply keep using the same SharePoint list forms that now can include all the missing web form features.
|Feature||Column Permissions App|
|Display, hide, disable fields for specific users or SharePoint group|
|Dynamic permission rules: Hide/Disable fields according to a criteria based on list fields' values|
|Support [Me] and [Today] SharePoint tokens in field-based criteria for hiding/disabling fields|
|Save field permission settings within site and list templates|
|Hide columns from list views|
|Hide/disable fields in the Quick Edit view|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
You can install this app in your SharePoint Online tenant or in your SharePoint Server 2016/2019.
When installing the app, you will need to install the following packages:
- The app’s package.
- The appropriate “KWizCom Apps Foundation” package, depending if this is in SharePoint Online or in SharePoint 2016/2019 Server.
- KWizCom modern Apps Upgrade package – this package upgrades the app to the SharePoint modern UI.
There are 2 ways to install the app’s package:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Download the KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
Follow instructions in the included README file to install the appropriate KWizCom Apps Foundation package according to your target SharePoint deployment structure
(SP Online or SP Server 2016/2019)
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
Install the KWizCom Modern Apps Upgrade package
Download the app and upload it to your app catalog.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C. subscription= Single site collection, Single login domain and up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to email@example.com