Default Values App (Office 365)
Enhance your SharePoint list forms with dynamic default values!
As part of KWizCom Forms App, the Default Values app enables you to overcome the below mentioned main gaps with SharePoint list forms:
- Configure default values for all column types
While in SharePoint on-line out-of-the-box there are some column types that cannot have default values, such as: Lookup and Person fields, with the Default Values app you can now configure default values for all column types.
- Use dynamic tokens to reference other column values
Is there a single SharePoint user who didn’t face the unpleasant experience when uploading a document and then having to manually copy its name to the Title field?With the Default Values app you can easily configure default values based on values of other columns, and also use dynamic tokens such as [Me] and [Today].
- Different users/groups can have different default values
Sometimes depending on you form logic, you need different users filling-out the same form, to have different default values for some of the form fields.Example: When an end-user fills-out a new Support Ticket form, the “Reported By” field should have by default the value of the current user. However, when a Helpdesk engineer fills-out the same form he probably does it on behalf of an end-user, so he would require this field to be empty by default.With the Default Values app you can configure dynamic default values, which are different for different users.
We all got used to working with SharePoint lists and document libraries. It is only natural to expect these list forms (New, Edit, View) to include all required web form features, instead of making us buy and learn a separate Forms technology such as InfoPath or any other Forms servers.
The Default Values app is part of KWizCom Forms app, which allows SharePoint 2013 on-premise and on-line customers to keep using the out-of-the-box list forms by turning them into powerful & dynamic web forms. This way there’s no new technology to learn and deploy, simply keep using the same SharePoint list forms that now can include all the missing web form features.
|Feature||Default Values App|
|Configure default values for column types such as Person and Lookup (out-of-the-box SharePoint doesn't enable you to configure default values for these column types)|
|Configure different default values for different users/groups|
|Use dynamic token and reference other columns' values|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
You can install this app in your SharePoint Online tenant or in your SharePoint Server 2016/2019.
When installing the app, you will need to install the following packages:
- The app’s package.
- The appropriate “KWizCom Apps Foundation” package, depending if this is in SharePoint Online or in SharePoint 2016/2019 Server.
- KWizCom modern Apps Upgrade package – this package upgrades the app to the SharePoint modern UI.
There are 2 ways to install the app’s package:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Download the KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
Follow instructions in the included README file to install the appropriate KWizCom Apps Foundation package according to your target SharePoint deployment structure
(SP Online or SP Server 2016/2019)
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
Install the KWizCom Modern Apps Upgrade package
Download the app and upload it to your app catalog.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C. subscription= Single site collection, Single login domain and up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org