Default Values App (Microsoft 365)
Enhance your SharePoint list forms with dynamic default values!
Easily configure dynamic default values for any SharePoint field type!
- Configure default values for all column types
While in SharePoint on-line out-of-the-box there are some column types that cannot have default values, such as: Lookup and Person fields, with the Default Values app you can now configure default values for all column types.
- Use dynamic tokens to reference other column values
Is there a single SharePoint user who didn’t face the unpleasant experience when uploading a document and then having to manually copy its name to the Title field?With the Default Values app you can easily configure default values based on values of other columns, and also use dynamic tokens such as [Me] and [Today].
- Different users/groups can have different default values
Sometimes depending on you form logic, you need different users filling-out the same form, to have different default values for some of the form fields.Example: When an end-user fills-out a new Support Ticket form, the “Reported By” field should have by default the value of the current user. However, when a Helpdesk engineer fills-out the same form he probably does it on behalf of an end-user, so he would require this field to be empty by default.With the Default Values app you can configure dynamic default values, which are different for different users.
We all got used to working with SharePoint lists and document libraries. It is only natural to expect these list forms (New, Edit, View) to include all required web form features, instead of making us buy and learn a separate Forms technology such as InfoPath or any other Forms servers.
The Default Values app is part of KWizCom Forms app, which allows SharePoint 2013 on-premise and on-line customers to keep using the out-of-the-box list forms by turning them into powerful & dynamic web forms. This way there’s no new technology to learn and deploy, simply keep using the same SharePoint list forms that now can include all the missing web form features.
Key Features & Benefits
|Feature||Default Values App|
|Configure default values for column types such as Person and Lookup (out-of-the-box SharePoint doesn't enable you to configure default values for these column types)|
|Configure different default values for different users/groups|
|Use dynamic token and reference other columns' values|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
KWizCom Apps can be used on SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2019 on-premise environments.
Installation steps can be found below:
1. Download required packages to your desktop
a. Download the KWizCom App Foundation zip file and unzip it on your desktop.
b. Download the product app package zip file and unzip it to your desktop.
2. Upload packages to your SharePoint environment
This step’s instructions are different for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 server:
- As a Tenant Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
(To learn more about how to manage your company’s App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online)
Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Upload the KWizComAppsFoundation.app package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
- Upload the kwizcom-modern-apps-upgrade.sppkg package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
After the package is uploaded you will see the following popup:
Click “Deploy” button to properly deploy it.
SharePoint 2019 Server
Before you install any apps you must make sure your SP2019 server is properly configured to host apps, by following the MS documentation:
- As a Farm Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
- Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Install and deploy the KWizCom Apps Foundation Full Trust.wsp package using the PoSH script from the extracted zip file
or by using the standard SharePoint Add-SPSolution and Install-SPSolution commands.
3. Add the apps to your site
- Go to the site where you want to have the app and go to “Site contents”
- Click “New” menu and select “App”.
- Click “From Your Organization” link on the left side:
- Add the KWizCom Apps Foundation app.
(IMPORTANT: The KWizCom Foundation app needs to be added to a site only once per tenant, no need to add it to any other sites where you use KWizCom apps)
- Add the product app to your site/s.
Update your installed app with a new version
When a new app build is released there is no need to re-install the solution package.
All you need to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
Get a Quote