Field Constraints App (Microsoft 365)
Enhance your SharePoint on-line list forms with powerful field validations!
Easily configure field-validation rules to enforce input patterns according to your required form logic: email, field length, ID, value ranges and any other custom pattern using regular expressions!
By using a simple and intuitive settings page you can quickly configure dynamic validation rules.
We all got used to working with SharePoint lists and document libraries. It is only natural to expect these list forms (New, Edit, View) to include all required web form features, instead of making us buy and learn a separate Forms technology such as InfoPath or any other external form tools.
The Field Constraints app is part of KWizCom Forms app, which allows SharePoint 2013 on-premises and Online (Office 365) customers to keep using the well-known list forms by turning them into powerful & dynamic web forms. This way there’s no new technology to learn and deploy, simply keep using the same SharePoint list forms that now can include all the missing web form features.
Key Features & Benefits
|Feature||Field Constraints App||SharePoint 2013 out-of-the-box|
|Validate Lookup and Person columns|
|Validate a field value comparing to a regular expression|
|Manage and share custom validation rules across your organization|
|Dynamic validation rules: validation rules that are conditionally applied, depending on values of other fields|
|Field validation settings page|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
KWizCom Apps can be used on SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2019 on-premise environments.
Installation steps can be found below:
1. Download required packages to your desktop
a. Download the KWizCom App Foundation zip file and unzip it on your desktop.
b. Download the product app package zip file and unzip it to your desktop.
2. Upload packages to your SharePoint environment
This step’s instructions are different for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 server:
- As a Tenant Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
(To learn more about how to manage your company’s App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online)
Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Upload the KWizComAppsFoundation.app package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
- Upload the kwizcom-modern-apps-upgrade.sppkg package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
After the package is uploaded you will see the following popup:
Click “Deploy” button to properly deploy it.
SharePoint 2019 Server
Before you install any apps you must make sure your SP2019 server is properly configured to host apps, by following the MS documentation:
- As a Farm Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
- Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Install and deploy the KWizCom Apps Foundation Full Trust.wsp package using the PoSH script from the extracted zip file
or by using the standard SharePoint Add-SPSolution and Install-SPSolution commands.
3. Add the apps to your site
- Go to the site where you want to have the app and go to “Site contents”
- Click “New” menu and select “App”.
- Click “From Your Organization” link on the left side:
- Add the KWizCom Apps Foundation app.
(IMPORTANT: The KWizCom Foundation app needs to be added to a site only once per tenant, no need to add it to any other sites where you use KWizCom apps)
- Add the product app to your site/s.
Update your installed app with a new version
When a new app build is released there is no need to re-install the solution package.
All you need to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
Get a Quote