File Controller App (Microsoft 365)
List/library-level control over attached/uploaded file sizes and types!
The File Controller app gives site owners more control over files and attachments that are uploaded by end-users to libraries and lists. By using a simple settings page you can setup file-size and file-types limitations for uploaded files and attachments. This way you can prevent users from uploading irrelevant files that make libraries and lists much harder to work with.
SharePoint online does not enable configuring max allowed file size and blocked file types. This means that SharePoint online tenant administrators cannot configure and enforce a more flexible policy, which allows for different file types and sizes in different SharePoint implementations.
Key Features & Benefits
|Feature||KWizCom File Controller App||SharePoint online out-of-the-box|
|Allows configuring max uploaded file size in a list/library level|
|Enables configuring allowed or blocked file types in a list/library level|
Column Permissions App (Microsoft 365)
Dynamically hide/show/deactivate fields in SharePoint list forms (O365)
Field Constraints App (Microsoft 365)
Enhance your SharePoint Online forms with advanced field validations
KWizCom Forms App (Microsoft 365)
The BEST Alternative to
Version 1.0.03, Mar-28-2016
|5200A||Added: Support SP2013 on-premises|
Version 1.0.02, Nov-30-2015
|4756||Fixed: File controller affects the ribbon load time|
Version 1.0.01, Oct-21-2015 - Base version
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
KWizCom Apps can be used on SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2019 on-premise environments.
Installation steps can be found below:
1. Download required packages to your desktop
a. Download the KWizCom App Foundation zip file and unzip it on your desktop.
b. Download the product app package zip file and unzip it to your desktop.
2. Upload packages to your SharePoint environment
This step’s instructions are different for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 server:
- As a Tenant Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
(To learn more about how to manage your company’s App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online)Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Upload the KWizComAppsFoundation.app package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
- Upload the kwizcom-modern-apps-upgrade.sppkg package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
After the package is uploaded you will see the following popup:
Make sure the “Make this solution available to all sites in the organization” is checked, then click “Deploy” button to properly deploy it.
COMMENT: if you do not want to deploy this app to all sites, uncheck the “Make this solution available to all sites in the organization” checkbox before you deploy it. In this case, go to each site you want to use this app, and now it will show-up as an app you can add to specific sites.
SharePoint 2019 Server
Before you install any apps you must make sure your SP2019 server is properly configured to host apps, by following the MS documentation:
- As a Farm Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
- Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Install and deploy the KWizCom Apps Foundation Full Trust.wsp package using the PoSH script from the extracted zip file
or by using the standard SharePoint Add-SPSolution and Install-SPSolution commands.
3. Add the apps to your site
- Go to the site where you want to have the app and go to “Site contents”
- Click “New” menu and select “App”.
- Click “From Your Organization” link on the left side:
- Add the KWizCom Apps Foundation app.
(IMPORTANT: The KWizCom Foundation app needs to be added to a site only once per tenant, no need to add it to any other sites where you use KWizCom apps)
- Add the product app to your site/s.
Update your installed app with a new version
When a new app build is released there is no need to re-install the solution package.
All you need to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
Get a Quote