KWizCom Touch App (Microsoft 365)
SharePoint collaboration, redefined for touch experience & hand held devices
This product is discontinued as KWizCom Forms (Modern) is fully-responsive and supports hand-held devices.
In addition to rendering a more convenient responsive UI, KWizCom Touch also allows you to customize the user interface and create a custom-tailored solution that matches your exact business needs; you can create custom mobile pages with the exact page parts that you need. This way you can easily create focused, task-oriented interfaces, empowering end-users to become much more productive.
BYOD (Bring your own device) is here.
The distinction between Office and Mobile environments no longer exists; business users are using all kinds of devices (smartphones, phablets, tablets and laptops) regardless of their physical location, in or out of the office. This calls for a True Responsive SharePoint user-interface that enables business users to keep collaborating in the easiest and fastest way while using their touch-enabled devices.
A user interface that will:
- Show more when the device allows it
- Enable users to quickly navigate and update content while utilizing their devices’ touch feature
- Provide a focused, task-oriented interface, customized to business users’ exact needs
- Adjust the display to the used device to prevent unnecessary page scrolls, page refreshes and typo mistakes
Bottom line: a more convenient and reliable UI to enable you to become more productive while using your hand-held device.
That’s what KWizCom Touch is all about!
Key Features & Benefits
|Enjoy touch friendly, responsive UI site that auto-scales to best fit your device|
|Navigate sites and apps very intuitively|
|Add/edit/view items in lists and libraries|
|Search within a list view (views with over 10 items)|
|Approve/reject items requiring approval|
|Quickly make a call or send an email by clicking on columns that contain that information|
|View lookup columns as a link, click it to open the connected item|
|Customize your touch-enabled page (admin)|
|Integrated with Office web apps|
|Release Date||May 05, 2019|
Version 1.1.01, May-05-2019
|6057||Lookup fields not visible in Touch app.|
Version 184.108.40.206, Mar-20-2017
|5210A||Fixed: Add missing js file from MS|
Version 220.127.116.11, Mar-13-2017
|5220A||Added: Activation keys|
Version 18.104.22.168, Mar-28-2016
|5200A||Improved: Support SP2013 on-premises|
Version 22.214.171.124 (Preview version), Jun-02-2015 - Base version
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
KWizCom Apps can be used on SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2019 on-premise environments.
Installation steps can be found below:
1. Download required packages to your desktop
a. Download the KWizCom App Foundation zip file and unzip it on your desktop.
b. Download the product app package zip file and unzip it to your desktop.
2. Upload packages to your SharePoint environment
This step’s instructions are different for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 server:
- As a Tenant Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
(To learn more about how to manage your company’s App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online)
Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Upload the KWizComAppsFoundation.app package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
- Upload the kwizcom-modern-apps-upgrade.sppkg package from the extracted KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
After the package is uploaded you will see the following popup:
Click “Deploy” button to properly deploy it.
SharePoint 2019 Server
Before you install any apps you must make sure your SP2019 server is properly configured to host apps, by following the MS documentation:
- As a Farm Admin, go to the “Apps for SharePoint” library in your Tenant App Catalog site
- Upload the product app’s package from the extracted product app’s zip file.
- Install and deploy the KWizCom Apps Foundation Full Trust.wsp package using the PoSH script from the extracted zip file
or by using the standard SharePoint Add-SPSolution and Install-SPSolution commands.
3. Add the apps to your site
- Go to the site where you want to have the app and go to “Site contents”
- Click “New” menu and select “App”.
- Click “From Your Organization” link on the left side:
- Add the KWizCom Apps Foundation app.
(IMPORTANT: The KWizCom Foundation app needs to be added to a site only once per tenant, no need to add it to any other sites where you use KWizCom apps)
- Add the product app to your site/s.
Update your installed app with a new version
When a new app build is released there is no need to re-install the solution package.
All you need to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
Get a Quote