KWizCom Touch App (Office 365)
SharePoint collaboration, redefined for touch experience & hand held devices
KWizCom Touch is a SharePoint online app that provides you with a SharePoint interface redesigned to fit your hand-held device. This responsive UI displays different layouts depending on what exact device you are using, so you will have the most convenient UI optimized to your device. Menus, buttons, links and the entire user experience becomes much easier to use, faster to accomplish your tasks.
In addition to rendering a more convenient responsive UI, KWizCom Touch also allows you to customize the user interface and create a custom-tailored solution that matches your exact business needs; you can create custom mobile pages with the exact page parts that you need. This way you can easily create focused, task-oriented interfaces, empowering end-users to become much more productive.
BYOD (Bring your own device) is here.
The distinction between Office and Mobile environments no longer exists; business users are using all kinds of devices (smartphones, phablets, tablets and laptops) regardless of their physical location, in or out of the office. This calls for a True Responsive SharePoint user-interface that enables business users to keep collaborating in the easiest and fastest way while using their touch-enabled devices.
A user interface that will:
- Show more when the device allows it
- Enable users to quickly navigate and update content while utilizing their devices’ touch feature
- Provide a focused, task-oriented interface, customized to business users’ exact needs
- Adjust the display to the used device to prevent unnecessary page scrolls, page refreshes and typo mistakes
Bottom line: a more convenient and reliable UI to enable you to become more productive while using your hand-held device.
That’s what KWizCom Touch is all about!
|Enjoy touch friendly, responsive UI site that auto-scales to best fit your device|
|Navigate sites and apps very intuitively|
|Add/edit/view items in lists and libraries|
|Search within a list view (views with over 10 items)|
|Approve/reject items requiring approval|
|Quickly make a call or send an email by clicking on columns that contain that information|
|View lookup columns as a link, click it to open the connected item|
|Customize your touch-enabled page (admin)|
|Integrated with Office web apps|
|Release Date||May 05, 2019|
|6057||Lookup fields not visible in Touch app.|
|5210A||Fixed: Add missing js file from MS|
|5220A||Added: Activation keys|
|5200A||Improved: Support SP2013 on-premises|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
You can install this app in your SharePoint Online tenant or in your SharePoint Server 2016/2019.
When installing the app, you will need to install the following packages:
- The app’s package.
- The appropriate “KWizCom Apps Foundation” package, depending if this is in SharePoint Online or in SharePoint 2016/2019 Server.
- KWizCom modern Apps Upgrade package – this package upgrades the app to the SharePoint modern UI.
There are 2 ways to install the app’s package:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Download the KWizCom Apps Foundation zip file.
Follow instructions in the included README file to install the appropriate KWizCom Apps Foundation package according to your target SharePoint deployment structure
(SP Online or SP Server 2016/2019)
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
Install the KWizCom Modern Apps Upgrade package
Download the app and upload it to your app catalog.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C. subscription= Single site collection, Single login domain and up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to email@example.com