Paste+ App (Office 365)
Copying rich content & uploading images from desktop to SharePoint is as easy as copy & paste
How long does it take to copy a 50-page WORD document with 15 embedded pictures into a SharePoint page?
With Paste+ app less than a minute!
With the SharePoint Paste+ App you can easily copy images and rich-text documents (MS Office documents, PDF, RTF) into SharePoint rich-text fields that guarantees a smoother and faster copy/paste process.
Paste+ app allows SharePoint content editors and contributors to copy pictures from their locals desktop folders as well as rich-text from local Office documents and paste into SharePoint rich-content fields – all in a single copy & paste action, saving a lot of time and preventing mistakes.
When migrating a document knowledgebase to a SharePoint Wiki, customers usually struggle with copying material. For example, MS Word documents that include rich-text, tables or images, cannot just be copied to Wiki pages.
The copying process is long and cumbersome and requires saving and uploading each embedded item to a SharePoint Library, then copying the plain text and then reformatting the plain text and the uploaded embedded items into a single document again.
Paste+ app eliminates this process completely, enabling customers to simply and quickly copy/paste images and rich content into SharePoint rich-text fields.
|Copy formatted text from MS Office documents, including tables and images|
|Copy images from your local desktop folders and paste into SharePoint rich-text fields|
|Copy PowerPoint slides|
|Copy PDF files|
|Support all browsers|
|5943||Fixed: Paste+ doesn't work on MS Edge - does not detect client agent|
|5505||Fixed: Paste from word does not paste images to a site page|
|5513||Fixed: Paste+ app triggers when pasting into the embed code frame|
|5531||Fixed: Having old version of jQuery makes Paste+ stop working|
|5378||Added: Enable both KWizCom Paste and SharePoint paste by displaying a "bubble" for the user to choose|
|5435||Fixed: Pasting jpeg images in Internet Explorer causes the image to be broken|
|5302A||Improved: If client OS not Windows - disable the feature|
|5300A||Improved: Support all browsers on MS Windows, stop using activeX|
|5301A||Improved: Remove the custom ribbon button, instead override the out-of-the-box "Paste" button|
|5200A||Added: Support SP2013 on-premises|
For apps to work on your O365 tenant, you need to allow custom script. Click to view detailed instructions.
Before installing the app please make sure you are running on a MS Windows desktop.
There are 2 ways to install the app in your SharePoint 2013-2019 farm or SharePoint online:
- Install from the Microsoft App Store
- Manually add the app to your internal App Catalog
Installing the App from the Microsoft App Store
- Click “Add an app” while browsing the site to which you want to add the app:
- Click the “SharePoint Store” link on the left:
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Apps Store.
- Find your requested KWizCom app by typing its name in the Search box (or just type “KWizCom” to find all our apps on the store)
- Install the free version. This version includes a message that indicates that this is a free trial version.
- Install the KWizCom Apps Foundation.
Manually adding the app to your internal App Catalog
This option is relevant to customers who do not want to install apps from the Microsoft apps store and prefer to manually add the .app files to their internal catalog, so users will then install apps on their sites only from the company’s internal catalog.
- Click Here to download the ZIP file
- Add the product app file and the KWizCom Apps Foundation file to your Apps Catalog site, according to the instructions in the README file (included in the ZIP file)
- To learn more about how to manage your company’s internal App Catalog, please refer to the relevant Microsoft documentation for SharePoint On-Premises and for SharePoint Online.
- In case you manually add an app to your internal catalog in on-premises SharePoint 2013-2019, you still need an active connection to KWizCom’s CDN (apps.kwizcom.com), so you cannot have this in a completely closed environment.
- You cannot have the same app installed both from the Microsoft App store and from the company catalog at the same time within the same site collection. That would give an error during adding the app.
1st time usage
When using the app for the 1st time, you will be required to allow the installation of the “KWizCom Client Agent” executable. This client software enables the app to access the user’s local windows clipboard, where local copied content is stored.
Existing Paste+ customers: the “KWizCom Client Agent” replaces the previous ActiveX component that was used to access local windows clipboard. Unlike that ActiveX component that worked only with MS IE, the new client software works with all browsers.
To update your installed product with a new version
No need to install anything. All you have to do is:
- Clean your browser’s cache and close all browser windows.
All listed prices are in US dollars (USD). Prices include free version upgrades and support services according to our Standard Support Plan.
Per-user subscriptions are limited to a single site collection.
S.C. subscription= Single site collection, Single login domain and up to 300 users.
For information about domain & enterprise licensing and additional options please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org